Thursday, January 13, 2011

SNUGGLIN

That is some snugglin during the bedtime showing of Shrek. Our bedtime routine is set but every once in a while they want to snuggle in bed with me to watch Shrek. Any excuse to snuggle, I'm in. We are closing in on the two week mark and things are going well. Just like my bio kids, they are so different. Tedela (TJ, 4 years old) is an easygoing guy who only gets upset when he feels that something of his was taken. Robi ( 7 years old) has a whole different personality. He is very exciteable and has a difficult time settlin down. He will also pout and refuse any contact when he doesn't get his way. I ignore the behavior and it seems to be working. He starts talking in amharic under his breath. He will also hit or kick TJ very hard. I immediately stop the behavior and have him apologize to him. He pouts from anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes and will then apologize. I have a feeling that he has used this behavior many times to get what he wants. He also reacts to small accidents with exaggerated pain responses. After checking to see if he is ok, I realize that this must be another way to get attention There are days that I think that I am not doing the right time but as I see changes occur, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. If you have had any of these experiences, please let me know how you handle it!!


Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment